Thursday, February 16, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 10 - Notes

Review Conversation

Satto San watashi to hirugohan o tabemasen ka? – Ms Satto, Won’t you have lunch with me?
Eh. Demo nanjini? ichi ji – Yes. But at what time? One’o clock
Iie. Aatode – No. Later
Ah. Wakharimashta. ni ji?  - Ah, Understood, 2’o clock?
Eh. Ni ji ni – Yes. 2’o clock
Hai. Wakharimashta – Yes. Understood.


Words

Chotto – a little bit
Wa – How about?
Tabethai – want to eat
Nomethai – want to drink
Tabethaku arimasen – Don’t want to eat
Nomithaku arimasen – Don’t want to drink
Nanji desu ka?  - What time is it?
Ichi / Ni   - One / Two
San – three
Yon – four
Go - five
Roku – six
Sichi – seven
Hachi – eight
Ku – nine
Jyu - ten

Grammer Notes

Chotto literally means a little bit, however it is used politely (indirectly) say no to a proposal. Like won’t work
When wa is used after a suggested time, ‘How about’ is understood. For Ex – hachi ji wa? Is ‘How about eight o clock’
Tabemasu ka? means both ‘ are you going to eat’ and ‘Do you want to eat’. The meaning is based on the context of the conversation.
Nomimasu ka? means both ‘ are you going to drink’ and ‘would you like/want to drink’. The meaning is based on the context of the conversation.


Form Sentences

Do you want to drink something? - Nanika nomimasu ka?
Beer or ricewine - Beeru ka osake
Two beers Could you please? - Beeru ni hong. Onegaishimasu
What are you going to do? - Nani o shimas ka?
I am going to buy something - Nanika khaimasu
What are you going to buy? - Nani o khaimasu ka?
I am going to buy beer - Beeru o khaimasu
With Satto san - Satto san tho
With me? - Watashi tho?
At hotel tokyo - Hoteru thokyo de
Or at the restaurent - Soretemo restoran de
Sorry. One o’clock is a little bit (won’t work) - Sumimasen. Ichi ji wa chotto.
Eight o clock? - Hachi ji wa?
I want to eat - Tabethai desu
I want to eat something - Nanika tabethai desu
I don’t want to eat - Tabethaku arimasen
Do you want to eat?- Nanika tabemasu ka?
No. I want to drink - Iie. Nomethai desu
No. I don’t want to eat  - Iie. Ima tabethaku arimasen
But I want to drink something -  Demo nanika nomethai desu
I don’t want to eat - Watashi wa tabethaku arimasen (emphatic)
I don’t want to drink - Nomithaku arimasen
No. Thank You - Iie.kheko desu
I don’t want to drink now - Ima nomithaku arimasen
I don’t want to drink - Watasahi wa nomithaku arimasen (emphatic)
Do you want to eat with me? - Watashi tho tabemasu ka?
Yes. At Mr. Satto’s place - Eh. satto san no thokolo de
Yes. Understood - Eh. wakharimashta
Or at hotel tokyo - Soretomo hoteru thokyo de
At what time? - Nan ji ni?
At one’o clock - Ichi ji ni
No. at eight o clock - Iie. Hachi ji ni
Sorry. Eight o clcok wont’t work - Sumimasen. Hachi ji wa chotto
Later? - Aatode?
How about Nine o clock? - Ku ji wa?
Yes. Understood - Eh. Wakharimashta
What is the time? - Nanji desu ka?
What is the time now? - Ima Nanji desu ka?
Is it four o clock? - Yon ji desu ka?
Or it is three o clock? - Soretomo san ji desu ka?
What you are going to do now? - Ima nani o shimas ka?
I don’t know - Wakharimasen
Do you want to drink something? - Nanika nomimasu ka?
Sorry. I don’t want to drink now. - Sumimasen. Ima nomithaku arimasen
But won’t you eat lunch later - Demo aatode hirugohan o tabemasen ka?
Yes. Later - Eh. Aatode
I don’t want to eat now - Ima tabethaku arimasen
At 3 o clock - San ji ni
Three o clock wont work - San ji wa chotto
At 2 o clock - Ni ji ni
Yes. Understood - Eh. Wakharimashta
What do you want to drink ? - Nani o nomimasu ka?
What do you want to eat? - Nani o tabemasu ka?
Do you want t eat lunch?  - Hirugohan o tabemasu ka?
Do to want to drink beer? - Beeru o nomimasu ka?
Do you want to drink rice wine? - Osake o nomimasu ka?
No. But I want to eat something - Iie. Demo nanika tabethai desu
I am going to eat lunch now - Watashi wa ima hirugohan o tabemasu



No comments:

Post a Comment