Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 14 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 14


Review Japanese Conversation


Sumimasen. Beeru wa arimasu ka? – Excuse Me. Is beer available?
Eh. Arimasu. Hai Dozou. – Yes. It is there. Here it is.
Arigato. Ikkura desu ka  - Thank you. How much is it
San doru desu – It is 3 dollars
Beeru ippong, jyu san doru desu ka? – Is one beer 13 dolloars?
Iie. Jyu san doru ja arimasen.  – No. Not 13 dolloars
San doru desu – It is 3 dolloars.
Ah. Wakharimashta.Ja san doru – Ah. Understood. Then 3 dollars
Arigato gozaimasu – Thank you.

New Japanese Words


Jyu Sichi – seventeen (not Jyu nana)
Jyu Kyu – nineteen (not Jyu ku)
Thaksam – a lot of /many
Sukoshi – a little / few (same as in earlier chapters, different usage)
Kudasai – Give me please
Arimasu – have (in existansial terms, more like does it exist)
Aagemasu – Giving you / I give you

Japanese Grammar Notes


  • When using a specific number no need to use ‘ga’ ‘o’ after. For Ex – Osake ga hoshi desu (requires ga as no number speicfied) San zen en hoshi desu (number 3000 so no ga is needed)
  • When 7 and 9 are in one’s place sichi and kyu are used.
  • ‘Arimasu’ and ‘Motheimasu’ many time lead to same meaning – ‘I have’, so usage depends on the context. While arimasu is for existance, motheimasu is for owning.
  • In Japanese, different words are used for ‘give’  - ‘give me’ Kudasai, ‘give you’ aagemasu

Form Japanese Sentences


Here it is - Hai Dozou
Here are 2 thousand yen - Hai ni san en desu
See you tomorrow - Ja mata ashita
One beer Please - Beeru ippong onegaishimasu
Good morning - Ohayu gozaimasu.
What do you want to do today? - Khyo wa nani wo shimas ka?
I don’t know. I don’t have money - Wakharimasen. Watashi wa okkano mattheimasen
I want rice wine - Osake ga hoshi desu
I want three thousand yen - San zen en hoshi desu
Do you have 7 thousand yen? - Nana sen en mottheimasu ka?
In dollars I have 15 dollars - Doru de jyu go doru mottheimasu.
No. 16 dollars - Iie. Jyu roku doru
How much you have in dollars? - Doru de ikkura mottheimasu ka?
I have a lot of yen - En wo thaksam motheimasu
But I have no dollars - Demo doru o motheimasen
I have few yen - En wo sukoshi motheimasu
I also have few dollars - Doru mo sukoshi motheimasu
How many dollars it is? - Doru de ikkura desu ka?
It is 19 dollars -Jyu kyu doru desu
I am going to buy something - Nanika khaimasu
Please give me yen - En wo kudasai
Please give me money - Okkane wo kudasai
Here are 15 dollars - Hai jyu go doru desu
I also have a lot of dollars - Doru mo thaksam motheimasu
Is beer there? - Beeru wa arimasu ka?
Yes. It is there - Eh. Arimasu
One beer Please - Beeru ippong onegaishimasu
Yes. It is One beer. Isn’t it? - Eh. Beeru ippong desu ne?
Is rice wine there? - Osake wa arimasu ka?
No. Its not there - Iie. Arimasen
Sorry. It’s not there today - Sumimasen. Khyo wa arimasen
I am going to buy beer - Beeru o khaimasu
There is some beer - Beeru wa arimasu
Please give me 3 thousand yen - San zen en kudasai
Hello. Is this Ms Itto? - Moshi moshi. Itto san desu ka?
Sorry. Tonight won’t work - Sumimasen. Konban wa chotto
There are  a few- Sukoshi arimasu
Where is Vyeno station?  -Vyeno eki wa doko desu ka?
Is it there? - Asoko desu ka?
Or is it here? - Soretomo keko desu ka?
I want to buy something. Give me 15 dollars - Nanika khaimasu. Jyu go drou kudasai
Do you have yen? - En o motheimasu ka?
I don’t have yen - En o motheimasen.
I have many dolloars but I have no yen - Doru wa thaksam motheimasu demo en wa motheimasen
I want yen - En go hoshi desu
How many yen you have? - En o ikkura motheimasu ka?
I give you 10 dolloars - Jyu doru aagemasu
Here are 10 dollars - Hai jyu doru desu
Are there any yen? - En wa arimasu ka?
No. There are no yen but dolloars are there - Iie. En wa arimasen demo doru wa arimasu
I give you dollars - Doru wo aagemasu
I am going to buy yen - En wo khaimasu
I give you few yen - En wo sukoshi aagemasu
Give me few dollars please - Doru sukoshi kudasai
Rice wine is not there but beer is there - Oksake wa arimasen demo beeru wa arimasu
Then give me beer please - Ja beeru o kudasai

Here it is - Hai dozou

No comments:

Post a Comment