Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 15 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 15



Review Japanese Conversation


Ittekimasu – I am leaving
Doko e – Where to?
Nanika khaimasu – I want to buy something
Demo en wo motheimasen ne? – But don’t you have yen?
Demo doru motheimasu – but I have dollars
Ikkura motheimasu ka? – How many you have
Hachi doru ka kyu doru – eight dolloars or nine dollars
Ja jyu doru aagemasu – I give you 10 dollars
Hai dozou ima jyu kyu doru motheimasen ne? – Here it is. Now don’t you have nineteen dollars?
En wa aagemasu – I give you yen
Hai sen zen yen – Here three thousand yen
Domo arigato gozaimasu – Thank you very much

New Japanese Words


Ittekimasu -  I am leaving
Doko e – Where to
Tabe-rade-masu – I can eat
Tabe-rade-masaen – I can’t eat
Khaye-masu – I can buy
Khaye-masen – I can’t buy
Ni – for
Zen zen – any at all
Xx To xx de – xx and xx with (used while adding numbers)

Japanese Grammar Notes


Khaimasu and Khayemasu have similar sound but different meaning – Going to buy and can buy
To add two numbers, in this lesson we used ‘xx to xx de’ which means ‘xx and xx with’. In previous chapter we used soshite which means and to add two numbers.

Form Japanese Sentences


Good evening. What you want to do this evening? - Konbanwa. Konban nani o shimas ka?
I don’t know. I don’t have money - Wakharimasen. Okkane wa motheimasen
Is there beer? - Beeru wa arimasu ka?
Sorry. It is not there - Sumimasen. Arimasen.
But rice wine is there - Demo osake wa arimasu
Then please give me rice wine - Ja osake o kudasai
Here are five dollars - Hai go doru desu
Don’t you have yen? - En wa motheimasen ka?
I have a little - Sukoshi motheimasu
Please give me thousand yen - sen yen kudasai
How much? Two thousand yen? - ikkura? Ni sen yen?
No. Give me thousand yen - Iie. Sen yen kudasai
How much is it in dollars? - Doru de ikkura desu ka?
I don’t know in dollars - Doru de wakharimasen
I don’t have yen but I have few dollars - En wa motheimasen demo doru wa sukoshi motheimasu
I give you 15 dollars or 16 dollars - Jyu go doru ka jyu roku doru aagemasu
How much is one beer? - Beeru ippong ikkura desu ka?
For me? - Watashi ni?
Here it is. It is rice wine - Hai dozou. Osake desu
Yes for you - Hai anata ni
Can you eat now? - Ima taberademasu ka?
No. I can’t - Iie. Taberademasen
Can you buy something? - Nanika khayemasu ka?
No. I can’t buy - Iie  khayemasen
I want to buy something - Nanika khaimasu
Here are 19 dollars - Hai jyu kyu doru desu
For me? - Watashi ni?
Yes. For you - Hai anata ni.
Can you eat sushi? - Sushi taberademasu ka?
Is rice wine there? -  Osake wa arimasu ka?
There is nothing at all - Zen zen arimasen
I don’t have any at all - Zen zen motheimasen
I have a lot - Thaksam motheimasu
I have a few - Sukoshi motheimasu
I want a few - Sukoshi hoshi desu
Give me 18 dollars - Jyu hachi doru aagemasu
How much is it in yen? - En de ikkura desu ka?
I can buy rice wine - Osake ga khayemasu
Can you eat sushi? - Sushi wa taberademasu ka?
Sorry. I can’t - Sumimasen. Taberademasen
I don’t have any dollars at all - Doru wo zen zen motheimasen
I give you a few  - Sukoshi aagemasu
Then give me some yen - Ja. En wo kudasai
I can’t eat any at all - Zen zen taberademasen
Can’t you eat? - Taberademasen ka?
I can’t buy beer - Beeru wo khayemasen
Do you have money? - Okkane wo motheimasu ka?
I have a lot of dollars but I don’t have yen - Doru wa thaksam motheimasu demo en wa motheimasen
Two and two with how much is it? - Ni to ni de ikkura desu ka?
It is four - Yon desu ka
One and two with how much is it? - Ichi to ni di ikkura desu ka?
It is three - San desu ka

Conversation

Konnichiwa. Ii otenki desu ne?
Konnichiwa. So desu ne
Watashi to hirugohan wo tabemasen ka?
En. Ii desu ne
Itsu? Khyo?
Eh. Khyo
Jyu ni ji wa?
Eh. Ii desu
Doru motheimasu ka?
Eh. Motheimasu
Thaksam?
Eh. thaksam motheimasu
En wa?
Eh. en wo motheimasu
Ja jyu ni ji ni

Translation

Hello. It is good weather. Isn’t it?
Hello. Yes It is.
Won’t you have lunch with me?
Yes. Ok
When? Today?
Yes. Today
How about 10 o clock
Yes. Its fine
Do you have dollars?
Yes. I have
A lot?
Yes.I have a lot
How about yen?
Yes. I have Yen
Then at 10 o clock




No comments:

Post a Comment