Monday, April 17, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 27 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 27

Review Japanese Conversation

Ashita tokyo e ikimasu – I am going to Tokyo tomorrow
Tokyo takusi de ikimasu ka? – Are you going by Taxi to Tokyo?
Iie. Kuruma de ikimasu – No. I am going by car
Tokyo de shigatto wo shimas ka? - Are you going to work in Tokyo?
Hai. Sorekara thomedachi ni aimasu  - Yes, and then I am seeing friends
Nan nichi tokyo imas ka? – How many days you are staying in tokyo?
Tabun nisan nichi – Perhaps few days

New Japanese Words

Hyaku – One hundred
Khairi – return
Khairitai / Khairithaku arimasen – want to return / Don’t want to return
Khairimsasu / Khairimasen – to return / to not return
To isshu – together with
Itai – Want to stay

Grammar Notes

Just like ‘tabethai’ and ‘nomethai’, ‘want to do’ is expressed as‘thai’ in end  of action verb – Khairi-thai (want to return)
When yo people are doing some action together then use ‘to isshu ni’ if they are just together don’t use ‘ni’ just ‘to isshu’

Form Japanese Sentences

Are shops open? - Omise wa aitte imas ka?
No. They are closed - Iie. Shimatte imas
Are Department stores also closed? -  Depato mo shimatte imas ka?
Yes. It’s closed for sure - Hai shimatte imas yo
Why? - Doshite?
Because it’s already late - Mo osoi desu kara
No. It’s not late yet - Iie mada osoku arimasen
Its already late for sure - Mo osoi desu yo
Are you going to work tomorrow? - Ashita shigatto o shimas ka?
I don’t know, but perhaps - Wakharimasen. demo tabun
I am going to Osaka today - Khyo osaka e ikimasu
What are you going to do over there? - Achira de nani o shimas ka?
I am seeing friends - Thomodachi ni aimasu
And then - Sorekara
I am going to work few days - Nisan nichi shigato wo shimas
How many days? - Nan nichi?
Three days - Mika
Perhaps two days - Tabun hutska
I am seeing friends over there - Achira ni thomodachi ga imas
I am seeing few friends over there - Achira ni thomodachi ga nisan nin imas
I am seeing Ms. Tanaka - Tanaka san ni aimasu
How many days are you going to stay? - Nan nichi imas ka?
Are you going by car? - Kuruma de ikimasu ka?
What are you going to do over there? - Achira de nani o shimas ka?
How much is it? - Ikura desu ka?
One hundred yen - Hyaku en desu
That’s too much - Osugimasu
Do you have money? - Okkane wo motheimasu ka?
I don’t have any - Zen zen motheimasen
I don’t speak - Hanashimasen
I don’t speak any - Zen zen hanashimasen
I want it - Hoshi desu
I want money - Okkane ga hoshi desu
I would like money - Okkane ga hoshindesunga
I don’t want it - Hoshiku arimasen
I don’t want any - Zen zen hoshiku arimasen
I don’t have any money - Okkane ga zen zen motheimasen
I want to return - Khairitai desu
I don’t want to return - Khairithaku arimasen
I am going to return tomorrow - ashita Khairimasu
But I don’t want to return - demo khairithaku arimasen
Why? - doshite?
Are you going to return tonight? - Konban khairimasu ka?
No. I am not going to return - Iie. Khairimasen
No. I am going to return tomorrow night - Iie. Ashita no ban khairimasu
Me too - Watashi mo
We are going to return - Watashi thachi wa khairimasu
I am going to return to america - America e khairimasu
We are not going to return - Watashi thachi wa khairimasen
I am with my wife - Khanai to isshu desu
Is your husband with you? - Gosyujin wa anata to isshu desu ka
Yes. He is with me - Hai. Watashi to isshu desu
I am with friends - Thomodachi to isshu desu
I want to return with you - Anata to isshu ni khairithai desu
I want to eat with you - Anata to isshu ni tabethai desu
I am not returning with children - Kodomo to isshu ni khairimasen
Won’t you drink with me? - Watashi to isshu ni nomimasen ka?
I am eating with my husband - Syujin to ishhu ni tabemasu
Perhaps I stay for three days - Tabun mika imas
Or two days - Soretomo hutska
Are you staying for three days? - Mika imas ka?
I want to stay for few days - Nisan nichi itai desu
Because I want to stay here - Koko ni itai desu kara
I want to stay here for a few days - Koko ni nisan nichi itai desu
I don’t want to return - Khairi thaku arimasen
I want to stay with you - Anata to isshu ni itai desu
I want to stay with you in tokyo - Anata to isshu ni tokyo ni itai desu
Today I am not going to return - Khyo khairimasen
I am staying in Tokyo - Tokyo ni imas
My friends live in Tokyo - Thomodachi wa tokyo ni sundeimasu
I am going to eat with children - Kodomo to isshu ni tabemasu
Won’t you eat with me? - Watashi to isshu ni tabemasen ka?
Won’t you return with me? - Watashi to isshu ni khairimasen ka?

Yes. I want to return - Hai khairithai desu

No comments:

Post a Comment