Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 23 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 23 

Review Japanese Conversation

Doko ni sundeimasu ka? – Where do you live?
Sinjyuku ni sundeimasu – I live in Sinjyuku
Kodomosan ga imas ka? – Do yo have children?
Futari imas. Otokonoko to onnanoko – I have two. A boy and a girl
Kodomosan wa anata to isshu desu ka? – Do chidren live with you?
Chisai kodomo wa watashi to isshu desu – The small child lives with me
Demo oki kodomo wa wahington ni sundeimasu – but the big child lives in Washington
Washington. Watashi no kodomo mo washintgon ni sundeimasu – Washigton. My child also lives in Washington
Honto ni desu ka? – Is that true?

New Japanese Words

Tho taza ne itte kudasai – Please ask
Manthan – Fill (mostly refers to full tank)
Matte – wait
Ikimasu – I am going
Thoi – far
Thoku arimasen- not far
Massugu – straight ahead

Japanese Grammar Notes

  • “Manthan onegaishimasu” and “Manthan nishite kudasai” means ‘Make it full tank. Please’. However ‘Manthan nishite kudasai’ is used.
  • ‘Ittekimasu’ is used when ‘I am going, but I will be back’, while ‘ikimasu’ is used when ‘I am going, but with no plan of revisit or going to far place’
  • Itte kudasai is a polite command for giving directions.

 Form Japanese Sentences

Where does you family live? - Gokazoku wa doko ni sundeimasu ka?
The child is small - Kodomo wa chisai desu
The child is not big - Kodomo wa okiku arimasen
The big boy lives in Washington - Oki otokonoko wa washington ni sundeimasu
Where is the bathroom? - Ottearai wa doko desu ka?
Twenty liters. Could you please - Ni jyu litta onegaishimasu
There are Sixty kilometers - Roku jyu kilo arimasu
My car is small - Watashi no kuruma wa chisai desu
I have Japanese car - Nihong no kumruma motheimasu
In Japan are there american cars? - Nihong ni america no kuruma ga arimasu ka?
In japan there are a lot of American cars - Nihon ni thaksam america no kuruma arimasu
Make it full tank. Please - Manthan onegaishimasu
Make it full tank. Please -  Manthan nishite kudasai
Wait a (bit) minute please - Chotto motte kudasai
I am going - Ittekimasu
Where are you going? - Doko e Ikimasu ka?
I am going to Tokyo - Tokyo e ikimasu
I am going to Tokyo tomorrow - Ashita tokyo e ikimasu
Tokyo is far - Tokyo wa Thoi desu
Is Tokyo far? - Tokyo wa thoi desu ka?
Wait a minute please - Chotto matte kudasai
I understand little Japanese - Nihong ga sukoshi wakharimasu
And I speak a little - Soshite sukoshi hanashimasu
My wife and I - Khanai to watashi
Japanese and English - Nihong to eigo
It is really far - Hontoni thoi desu
How many kilometers are there? - Nan kiro arimasu ka?
I don’t know but its far - Wakharimasen demo thoi desu
Go straight ahead please - Massugu itte kudasai
Is there a lot of gasolin - Thaksam gasorin ga arimasu ka?
No. Its not a lot - Iie. Thaksam arimasen
Make it full tank. Please - Manthan nishite kudasai
I am going to Sinjyuku - Sinjyku ikimasu
We have Japanese car - Watashi thachi wa nihong no kuruma motheimasu
Is Tokyo far? - Tokyo wa thoi desu ka?
Tokyo is not far - Tokyo wa thoku arimasen
Please go straight ahead - Massugu itte kudasai
Ok. Thanks a lot - Ok. Domo arigato

No comments:

Post a Comment