Thursday, April 13, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 26 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 25 

Review Japanese Conversation

Konban tokyo de nanika khaimasu ka? – Tonight can I buy something in Tokyo?
Konban? Konban wa khayemasen yo. – Tonight? You cant buy tonight for sure.
Doshite desu ka? – Why is it?
Mo osoi desu – It’s already late
Omise wa shimatte imas – The shops are closed
Depato wa aitte imas ka? – Are department stores open?
Iie depato mo shimatte imas – No. Department stores are also closed
Kodomo ni nanika khaitain desunga – I want to buy something for children
Aashita khayemasu yo – You can buy tomorrow for sure

New Japanese Words

Takusi – Taxi
Thomodachi – friends/friend
Aimasu – see/going to see
Ni.san – few
Tabun – perhaps / probably / maybe
Imas – to stay
Shigotho – work / going to work
Hustsuka – two days
Mika – three days
Nan nichi – how many days?

Grammar Notes

  • When suggesting a means of travel like ‘by taxi’ or ‘by car’. ‘de’ is used with the mode of transport. ‘takusi de’ ‘kuruma de’
  • ‘Few’ is expressed as ‘two-three’, so ‘ni-san’ is used to express few
  • ‘imas’ is used to express ‘to exist’ and also ‘to stay’.
  • Use ‘de’ with location where there is some action, use ‘ni’ with location where someone exists
  • ‘achira’ can be used to say a distant place which has been mentioned before. Like if someone mentions ‘america’ then other person can use ‘achira’ for the same.
  • Osoko is used when you can see and point a distant location.

Form Japanese Sentences

I want to buy something for children - Kodomo ni nanika khaitain desunga
Which is the road going to Tokyo - Tokyo e iku michi wa dore desu ka?
Its this one - Khore desu
Yes. Straight ahead - Hai. Massugu
And then - Sore kara
Is it on the left - Hidari desu ka?
No. It’s on the right - Iie. Migi desu
Are shops open? - Omise wa aitte imas ka?
No. Its already late - Iie. mo osoi desu
Its not late yet - Mada osoku arimasen
Its already late for sure - Mo osoi desu yo
No. but deparment stores are open - Iie. Demo depato wa aitte masu
I am going to buy something - Nanika khaimasu
When? Tonight?  - Itsu? Konban ?
You can’t buy tonight - Konban wa khayemasen yo
Why? - Doshite?
Because shops are closed  - Omise wa shimatte imas kara
Is that right? - Honto desu ka?
Because its already late - Mo osoi desu kara
But it’s open - Demo aitte imas
I am going by car - Kuruma de ikimasu
Why? - Doshite?
Because I am going to Yokohoma - Yokohoma e ikimasu kara
What are you going to do in yokohoma - Yokohoma de nani o shimas ka?
I am going to see friends - Tomodachi ni aimasu
Are you going to see friends? - Thomodachi ni aimasu ka?
It’s far isn’t it? - Thoi desu ne
No. Its not far - Iie thoku arimasen
Few people - Ni.san nin
My family lives in America - Kazoku wa america ni sundeimasu
The boy lives in washington - Otokonoko wa washington ni sundeimasu
I have friends in Yokohoma - Yokohoma ni thomodachi ga imas
I have few friends in Yokohoma - Yokohoma ni thomodachi ga nisan nin imas
I have friends in America - America ni thomadachi ga imas
I have friends there - Achira ni thomodachi ga imas
I am going to see few friends there - Achira ni thomodachi ga nisan nin imas
Are you going to work in Yokohoma - Yokohoma de shigoto o shimas ka?
Are you going to work there - Achira de shigoto o shimas ka?
Yes. I am going to work - Hai. Shigoto o shimas
Are you going to work tonight? -  Konban shigoto o shimas ka?
A little - Sukoshi
A lot - Takusan
Not a lot - Takusan ja arimasen
Is it far - Thoi desu ka?
No. few kilometers - Iie. Nisan kiro
I am going to see friends and then some work - Thomodachi ni aimasu Sorekara sukoshi shigoto o shimas
I am going to stay there for two days - Achira ni hutsuka imas
I am going to work and see friends - Shigoto o shimas soshite thomodachi ni aimasu
How many days? - Nan nichi?
Two - Hutska
Probably few days - Tabun nisan nichi
I am going to see Ms. Suzuki - Suzuki san ni aimasu
Perhaps I am going to see Ms. Suzuki - Tabun suzuki san ni aimasu
Perhaps a few friends - Tabun thomodachi nisan nin
How long you are going to be there? - Imas ka?
Perhaps three days - Tabun mika
Please give me some money - Okkane wo kudasai
Why? - Doshite?
Because I am going to Yokohoma - Yokohoma ikimasu kara
I am going by Taxi - Takusi de ikimasu
By taxi? - Takusi de?
No. I am going by car - Iie. Kuruma de ikimasu
Because it is far - Thoi desu kara
How many days you are going to be there? - Nan nichi imas ka?
I am going to be there for two days - Achira ni hutsuka imas
I am going to be there for few days - Achira ni nisan nichi imas
In the case, Good bye - Ja Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment