Monday, March 27, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 19 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 19

Review Japanese Conversation


(Between Server, Jack and a Woman in a restaurent)
S -Irasshaimase – Welcome
S – Nanika wo nomimasu ka? – Do you want to drink something?
W - So desu ne. nani wo arimasu ka? – That’s right! Is there anything?
S - Takusan arimasu – A lot is there
S - Wain, beeru, osake – Wine, Beeru, Rice wine
W - Jack, anata wain wo nomimasu ka? – Jack. Do you want to drink wine?
J - Iie. Beeru. Beeru o nomimasu – No. Beer. I am going to drink beer
W - Ja Beeru ippong onegaishimasu – Then One beer could you please?
S - Wakharimashta - Understood
W- Watashi wa osake ga nomethai n desunga – I would like to have rice wine
S- Hai. Beeru to osake desu ne. – Yes. Beer and ricewine. Isn’t it?
W - Eh. Shoshite mizu wo onegaishimasu – Yes and water. Could you please?

New Japanese Words

Irasshaimase – Welcome
Tare desu ka – Who is he/she?
Ohairi kudsai – Please come in
Hajime mashite – How do you do?
Dozou Yoroshiku – Glad to meet you
Sundeimasu – live/lives/is living
Soko – there
Watashi thachi – We
Wain - Wine

Grammar Japanese Notes

  1. Instead of saying ‘Dozou ohairi kudasai’ for Please come in. Saying just ‘Dozou’ is understood as ‘Come in’ as per the context.
  2. ‘Hajimemashite. Dozou Yorkshiku’ is mostly used when using someone for the very first time
  3. Just like ‘I’ and ‘You’, ‘Watashi Thachi’ We is also understood, but is stated most times in sentence
  4. ‘ga’ is used with nomethai, while ‘wo’ is used with nomimasu and nomithagattteeru

Form Japanese Sentences

For me it is too fast - Watashi ni wa Hayasugimasu
More slowly could you please - Mottho yukkuri onegaishimasu
Then I will speak slowly - Ja yukkuri hanashimasu
Thanks a lot - Domo arigato
For me it is expensive - Watashi ni wa takai  desu
Is beer expensive? - Beeru wa takai desu ka?
No. Its not expensive - Iie. Takaku arimasen
Here it is more expensive - Koko de wa mottho takai desu
In Japan it is not expensive - Nihong de wa takaku arimasen
I would like to go shopping - Khaimono ga shitain desunga
Is it too expensive - Takasugimasu ka?
I give you thousand yen - Sen yen aagemasu
Where is your wife? - Oksan wa doko desu ka?
With whom? - Dare to?
Is this your husband? - Gosyujin desu ka?
My husband would like to drink some water - Syujin wa mizu wo nomithagatteeru n desunga
As for your wife, What she would like to drink? - Oksan wa nani o nomimasu ka?
I an going to drink coffee - Kohee wa nomimasu
Please come in - Dozou ohairi kudasai
How do you do? Glad to meet you - Hajimemashite. Dozou Yoroshiku
Where do you live? - Doko ni sundeimasu ka?
I live in Sinjyuku - Sinjyuku ni sundeimasu
I too live there - Watashi mo soko ni sundeimasu
I live in Vyeno - Vyeno ni sundeimasu
Itto san also lives there - Itto san mo soko ni sundeimasu ka?
Yes. With his wife - Hai. Oksan to
Who is he/she? - Dare desu ka?
It’s my wife - Khanai desu
I want to drink something - Nanika nomethai desu
I would like to drink something - Nanika nomethai desunga
What do you want to drink? - Nani o nomimasu ka?
I would like to drink beer - Beeu ga nomethai desunga
I am going to drink beer - Beeru wo nomimasu
We would like to drink something - Watashi thachi wo nanika nomethaidesunga
I would like to drink beer - Beeru ga nomethaidesunga
My wife and I - Khanai to watashi
As for you husband, what he is goin to drink? - Gosyujin wa nani o nomimasu ka?
My husband would like to drink water - Syujin wa mizu wo nomethaigatteeru desunga
Me too. I too would like to drink wine - Watashi mo. Watashi mo wain ga nomethia desunga
We would like some water - Watashi thachi wa mizu now hoshindesunga

Practice Conversation

W - Dozou ohairi kudasai
W - Konnichiwa
M - Konnichiwa
W - Watashi wa suzuki desu
M - Watashi wa Jones desu
W- Hajimemashite. Dozou Yoroshiku
M - Hajimemashite. Dozou Yoroshiku
W - Amerika wa doko ni sundeimasu ka?
M - Washington ni sundeimasu
W - Doko ni sundeimasu ka?
M - Sinjyuku ni sundeimasu
W - Oksan to?
M - Eh. Khanai to
W - Tanaka san mo soko ni sundeimsasu
M - Dare desu ka?
W - Syujin desu
W - Tom, Suzuki san desu
W - Suzuki san, syujin desu
M - Hajimemashite
T - Hajimemashite. Dozou Yorkshiku





No comments:

Post a Comment