Monday, April 17, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 28 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 28

Review Japanese Conversation

Jones San. Mo osoi desu ne – Mr. Jone. It is late aleready isn’t it?
Mada khairimasen ka? – are you not going home yet?
Khairitai desu demo takusan shigoto ga arimasu – I want to go but a lot of work is there
Watashi wa america khairimasu – I am going to america
America e? – To america?
Eh. demo honto ni khairithaku arimasen – Yes, but I really don’t want to go
Nihon ni itai desu – I want to stay in Japan

New Japanese Words

Sugoshitai – want to spend / want to pass time
Hitori  - alone
Maye – ago
Maye kara – since
Jikan – time/hours
Jikan ja arimasen – don’t have time
Koko ni imas – I have been here
Itsu – when
Itsu kara – since when
Yokka – four days
Imi – meaning
Doyu – what sort of
Sore – it/that

Grammar Notes

Asking someone ‘khairimasen ka’ literally means ‘are you not returning’ however in office it is usually understood ‘ are you not going home’
‘Hitori desu’ is used when someone is alone. ‘hitori de’ is used when some action is done alone.
‘Koko ni imas’ means ‘I am here’ but it’s used as ‘ I have been here’

Form Japanese Sentences

Are you going to return now? - Ima khairimasu ka?
No. I am going to return later - Iie. Aatode khairimasu
I want to stay here - Koko ni itai desu
I am going to return today - Khyo wa khairimasu
How much money do you have? - Okkane wo ikkura motheimasu ka?
One hundred and ninty nine yen - Hyaku kyu jyu kyu en
I don’t have any - Zen zen motheimasen
Please give me ninety yen - Kyu jyu en kudasai
I give you ninety six yen - Kyu jyu roku en aagemasu
I want to spend a few days - nisan nichi sugoshithai desu
Perhaps I am seeing friends - tabun thomodachi ni aimasu
Are you going by taxi? - takusi de ikimasu ka?
No I am going by car - Iie kuruma de ikimasu
Are you going to return with me? Watashi to isshu ni khairimasen ka?
Yes. I want to return with you - Hai. Anata to isshu ni khairitai desu
I want to return alone - Hitori de khairithai desu
Are you going to return alone? - Hitori de khairimasu ka?
I don’t want to return alone - Hitori de khairithaku arimasen
Are you going to Tokyo alone? - Hitori de tokyo e ikimasu ka?
Perhaps I am going alone - Tabun hitori de ikimasu
I want to spend two days - Hutsuka sugoshithai desu
Are you alone? - Hitori desu ka?
No. I am with friends - Iie thomodchi to isshu desu
Are you with family? - Gokozaku to isshu desu ka?
No. I am alone - Iie. Hitori desu
I am going to work and then going to Tokyo - Shigoto o shimas sorekara tokyo e ikimasu
I am going with my wife - Khanai to isshu ni ikimasu
My children are in America - Kodomo wa america ni imas
We are staying here - Watashi thachi wa koko ni imas
Since two days - Hutsuka mayekara
Since few days - Nisan nichi mayekara
Since how many days? - Nan nichi mayekara?
Since three days - Mika maye kara
Three hours - San jikan
How much time? - Nan jikan?
Few hours - Nisan jikan
Since how much time? - Nan jikan maye kara?
Since few hours - Nisan jikan maye kara
Since when are you staying here? - Itsu kara koko ni imas ka?
are you going to stay? - Imas ka?
How many days you going to stay? - Nan nichi imas ka?
What is the meaning of this/it? - Sore wa doyo imi desu ka?
What is the meaning of ‘Mika’ - Mika wa doyu imi desu ka?
‘it means ‘ three days’ - ‘three days’ doyu imi desu
What is the meaning of ‘Sugoshitai’-  Sogoshitai wa doyu imi desu?
I want to spend a few days - Nisan nichi sugoshitai desu
I want to stay for four days - Yokka itai desu
But I don’t have time - Demo jikan ja arimasen
Since when? - Itsu kara?
Since four days - Yokka maye kara
Since when are you staying in Tokyo? - Itsu kara tokyo ni imas ka?
I want to stay here - Koko ni itai desu
I don’t want to return - Khairithaku arimasen
Since when you are staying here? - Itsu kara koko ni imas ka?

Since four days - Yokka maye kara

No comments:

Post a Comment