Monday, March 27, 2017

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 20 - Notes

Pimsleur Language Program Japanese Level 1 - Lesson 20

Review Japanese Conversation

J – Konnichiwa - Hello
S – Konnichiwa - Hello
J – Suzuki san. Itto san desu – Ms. Sukzuki . This is Mr. Itto
I – Hajimemashite. Itto desu. Dozou Yoroshiku – How do you do? I am Itto. Glad to meet you.
S – Hajimemashite. Dozou Yoroshiku. Dozou Ohairi kudasai – How do you do? Glad to meet you. Please come in
J – Arigato Gozaimasu – Thank You very much
S – Jones San. Nanika nomimasen ka? Beeru, wain – Mr. Jones. Won’t you drink something? Beer, Wine
J – iie. Kheko desu. Demo sumimasen, mizu kudasai – No. It’s ok. But sorry, Please give some water
S – Itto san wa? – What about Mr. Itto?
I – Watsahi mo mizu onegaishimasu – I too water Could you please
S – Jones San, Oksan wa america ima america desu ka? – Mr. Jones. You wife is now in america?
J – iie. Ima thokyo desu – No. In tokyo now
S – Ah. So desu ka – Ah. Is that so

New Japanese Words

So desu ka – Is that so?
To issho – is with / together with
imasu – have / to exist
watashi no – my
child – kodomo
boy(s) – otoko-noko
girl(s) – onna-noko
nin  - for counting people / person
Nan nin – How many people?
oki – big / grown up
okiku arimasen-  is not big
chisai – little / small
  

Japanese Grammar Notes

  1. ‘imasu’ is used when referring to living things, ‘arimasu’ for inanimate objects.
  2. When talking about someone else child ‘san’ is added in end – ‘Kodomosan’
  3. ‘San nin onnanoko ga imas. Demo otokonoko wa imasen’ In this sentence ‘wa’ is used instead of ‘ga’. We can use ‘ga’ however it is more normal to use ‘wa’ while using in comparison.

Form Japanese Sentences

Please come in - Dozou ohairi kudasai
My husband lives in Washington - Syujin wa washington ni sundeimasu
I live there - Soko ni sundeimasu
I would like to drink water - Mizu ga nomethai desunga
Who is he/she? -  Dare desu ka?
Where is your husband? - Gosyujin wa doko desu ka?
With Itto san - Itto san to isshu desu
My wife lives in america - Khanai wa america ni sundeimasu
Ah. Is that so - Ah. So desu ka?
Do you have children? - Kodomosan ga imas ka?
Yes. I have - Hai. Imas
No. I don’t have - Iie. Imasen
More slowly could yo please - Motto yukkuri onegaishimasu
Where do your children live? - Kodomosan wa doko ni sundeimasu ka?
They live in Washington - Washington ni sundeimasu
With my wife - Khanai to isshu desu
Are they with you wife? - Oksan to isshu desu ka?
I would like to drink wine - Wain ga nomethai desunga
The child would like to drink water - kodomo wa mizu wo nomethaigatteeru ndesunga
I too would like to drink water - watshi mo mizu ga nomethai desunga
Mr. Itt also lives there - Itto san mo soko ni sundeimasu
Who is he? - Dare desu ka?
That’s my child - Watashi no kodomo desu
How many childeren do you have? - Nan nin kodkomosan ga imas ka?
I have 3 children - San nin kodomo ga imas
I have 3 boys - San nin otokonoko ga imas
I have 3 girls, but I don’t have boys - San nin onnanoko ga imas. Demo otokonoko wa imasen
I would like some rice wine - Osake ga hoshi n desunga
We would like a boy - Watashi thachi wa otokonoko ga hoshi n desunga
We have four girls - Watashi thachi wa yo nin onnanoko ga imas
The child is grown up - Kodomo wa oki desu
Are your children grown up? - Kodomosan wa oki desu ka?
No. They are not grown up - Iie. Okiku arimasen
The boy is grown up - Otokonoko wa oki desu
But the girl is not big - Demo onnanoko wa okiku arimasen
I don’t have boys -Otokonoko ga imasen
The girl is small/little - Onnanoko wa chisai desu










No comments:

Post a Comment